Friday 4 May 2012

Too Chic! Vintage Tea Length Gowns

I have tea length gowns on the brain. I want every bride I see to wear one. But here's the thing, they are not that common. What gives? I get the whole "princess look" fantasy, but why can't you be a tea length princess? There are some amazing vintage wedding gown websites out there, selling gowns from every decade of the 20th century (and some from before that), and there are quite a few tea length ones out there (especially from the 1950's). So I suppose what I am trying to say is: can't someone please go vintage on their big day? Pretty please. There is nothing wrong with wearing a gown that is pre-loved by another blushing bride, in fact, I like to think it is good luck! (I am not sure where I got that idea from, but I am going with it). Think about those lovely, ladylike brides from the 50's, or the free flowing flower child brides of the 60's and 70's! What a statement you could make!
Tea length gowns would be perfect for a semi formal affair or even something outdoors. They come in various styles, to the very simple and structured, to glitzy bedazzled bodices, with little shrugs and many different necklines.  And because they are shorter, it means you can make a super statement with your shoes! Great peep toe kitten heels or splashy blinged out stilettos.





This website is taking up too much of my time lately to mention: http://www.millcrestvintage.com
It has an amazing assortment of gowns from many different decades in all types of styles, including, yes, tea length!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa MacIntyre8 May 2012 at 02:53

    These dresses are gorgeous!!! I LOVE vintage clothing!!!

    ReplyDelete